Webquest for Financial Literacy Resources
Goal of the webquest is to examine and evaluate resources and activities to use in your classroom.
- St. Louis Fed Resources for K-12. Examine the resources and information available for the three grade levels. Explore the site.
- Elementary Resources: Go to your Grade Level. Select one standard. Search through the resources for the standard to find something you would like to do in your classroom.
- St. Louis Fed videos. View two of the videos and write a short review including how this would or would not prove useful in your classroom.
- Check out the resources list on My Florida CFO and examine the variety of calculators available for Florida
- Go to Better Money Habits. Click on view all videos. Select two or more videos that interest you(no pun intended) or which you would consider using in your classroom.
- Go to EconEdLink. View the video and interactive quiz on compound interest. Following viewing the video scroll to the lesson: Q T Pi Fashions – Learning About Credit Card Use and view the variety of student activities and information.
- The Florida Stock Market Challenge is a new investing competition for Florida students. Click on “investing rules” under the general links to get an idea of how the simulation works. Teachers like this simulation since the amount of class time required is strictly in the hands of the teacher. Students may invest in stocks, mutual funds, and bonds. Whether you decide to participate in the challenge or not you can direct your students (or yourself) to the investing information page.
- Online insurance curriculum lessons
- NEFE sponsored curriculum for high school as well as a variety of educational materials. You register, but the site is safe and all materials are available to educators at no charge. The second link is to selected resources used by David Scott, a member of the Stavros Team, for use in High School Economics.
- MoneySmart: The FDIC sponsors this comprehensive informational site.
- Building Wealth may be used as a pamphlet or an on-line interactive. It is a project of the Dallas Federal Reserve Bank
- Building Your Future has student lessons as well as teachers guide for four major areas